FIND OUT IF YOU NEED A CONSENT FOR Single-storey Detached Buildings

Quickly complete the questionnaire below
and find out if you need to apply for a consent.

A single-storey detached building is separate from the main building on the property. Common detached buildings include garden sheds, garages and sleepouts.

This questionnaire will provide guidance on whether you need a building consent to build a detached building on your property.